Blog Archive

Hello...

About Me

Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form college and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Report Abuse

Popular Posts

Blogroll

About

o

BTemplates.com

Skip to main content

My statement of intent for my music magazine.

 My statement of intent:

Brief Chosen:

I have chosen the genre of music to be rock. this Is because it is something I enjoy listening to and I can write about easily. I would rather create something based off of something I enjoy rather than try something knew that I don't enjoy. 

How do you intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate meaning and meet the requirements of your brief chosen? (350 words).

The language in my magazine is going to be outdated and older. This is because a lot of rock bands were formed in the 80s. some examples of this is: Guns and roses, Bon Jovi, Red hot chilli peppers and journey. The language I would use are things like "alright" in a drawn-out tone, so it sounds more hipster. These types of language would seem outdated now because people who were bands in the 1980s are now in their 50s. However, I would not include swearing even though it was considered "cool" in the 80s. This is because younger people might be reading it and I don't want to expose them to that type of language (115).

The media portrays rock music as more rebellious music when in reality it's not. Stereotypically people who are in rock bands e.g., Queen, have long hair and play a lot of electric guitars.  I want to show what else rock music can be, it can be less about the people who listen to it and more about what music it is. I want to show how it can be family friendly and children can listen to it too, (191). 

Some studios produce films with rock music to make them more exciting and well known. This can also boost the music because it shows people how popular the song it is, making it even more popular. An example of one of these studios is Warner Brothers Studios. They have produced: Elvis and Bohemian Rhapsody which both include rock music. Some kid's films like sing and trolls, which shows that a lot of rock music can be child and family friendly, (271).

The media targets older men to listen to rock music because they are more likely to grow up in the 80s and because women stereotypically don't listen to that kind of music. I don't agree with this because I think any can listen to any type of music and it doesn't matter what type of people they are and what they look like. It targets older people because they might be more familiar with the bands that have been around in the 70s, 80s and 90s, like the foo fighters, rather than targeting people who are younger because they might not know the bands properly, (376 I went a bit over 350).

Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form collage and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Comments