Blog Archive

Hello...

About Me

Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form college and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Report Abuse

Popular Posts

Blogroll

About

o

BTemplates.com

Skip to main content

Font research

Fonts:

Arial:
This font slims the words which could be helpful with space and with making the words fit in with the magazine instead of standing out against the rest of the magazine. A problem with this font is it might be too small and it might blend in too much with the rest of the colours and the photos. This font also looks more stereotypical for a computer which might be it not eye-catching for the audience.

Georgia:
This font is the smallest I am considering and this can be a problem because it wont stand out compared to the other fonts. However a positive thing about this font is that it is tall and it can be used to take up more room. It would also go with the photos because a lot of the photos are longer. The letters are longer in hight than they are in width which can make them harder to read. 

Verdeena:
This font is more blocky than the others which can make it good for headlines and can make it look like it forms with the pictures better, However it isn't very fancy and it doesn't have a wow factor to it to make it stand out. This means it would put more pressure onto the photos so that they can entice the audience to read the magazine. It can also be harder to follow because the letters are all the same size. 

Mauru Gothic:
I am probably going to end up using this font because it just shouts 80s at me and it makes me think of indie rock bands. This font isn't too blocky however I might have to turn the size up because it can be quite small. It also it very light so I would also have to increase the thickness. However this font is eye catching and I think it would work well with my photos. 
Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form collage and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Comments