Blog Archive

Hello...

About Me

Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form college and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Report Abuse

Popular Posts

Blogroll

About

o

BTemplates.com

Skip to main content

Analysing a magazine.

 Analysing a magazine:

  • The masthead is really drawing to the reader because it is in big fonts and in bright colours. This makes it stand out compared to other magazines. 
  • The colour schemes of the title and the background (the orange and blue) contrast with each other which can make the reader feel uncomfortable and can put them off because they are too busy looking at the colours instead of focusing on the text. 
  • The main cover image is quite dim in the background which can put the reader off people they are too focused on the title they might not notice the background. Even though the title is so drawing it wouldn't make sense if the background was also bright. This would make it difficult for the reader to focus on anything. 
  • Having bright colours makes it stand out from other magazines and would make the reader remember it easier. If it was so dull, then it would have no distinguishing features so it wouldn't stand out properly. 
  • The main photo is almost symmetrical on each side which makes the reader more drawn to it. compared to if everything was randomly placed which would make it harder to follow and could make the reader more uncomfortable. 
  • Some coverlines are in bold orange which are eye catching to the reader. Others are smaller and dimmer which suggests that they are less important. This could take focus away from parts of the magazine, it could be a surprise to the reader when the read the full magazine because they didn't know that specific thing was in the magazine. 
  • The step line reflects off the picture because there are different on both sides. This supports one of the subheadings of "diversity" because people there are different people featured in the picture. Below it, it also says that "heads are talking about it" which implies that there are things to do with school gossip and teachers in it. This could also draw the reader in further. 
  • There is no plug and barcode on the front cover, it might be shown on the back but in this photo, we can't see that. This shows that it wasn't meant to be published to the world and instead was meant to be exclusive to the school. 
  • This magazine shows the day that it was published which supports when it was finished and how old it is. It also shows if they used the most up to date technology in that year by looking at the quality of the photos. Because of the year it was made, it explains that the magazine couldn't use a lot of people grouped together because they were meant to be social distancing. 
  • The font of the main title is different to the rest and stands out more. This implies that it is more important although it is just the name for the magazine company instead of what it is about. the main heading stands out as well but not as much as the name which could confuse the reader because they might not know which one is the title and which one is the company name at first glance. 
  • The photos printed onto the magazine seem fake because people are posing and smiling in an unnatural way which isn't what people do in their own time. This could make the reader feel uncertain about the rest of the magazine and whether it will be truthful or whether it will be a type of propaganda that is trying to convince the reader something about the school like a false reputation.
Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form collage and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Comments