Blog Archive

Hello...

About Me

Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form college and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Report Abuse

Popular Posts

Blogroll

About

o

BTemplates.com

Skip to main content

Oasis, the band of the 90s

 

The beginning:
Oasis first started when Paul Arthurs invited Liam Gallagher into their band called rain. The band consisted of Paul McGuigan, Paul Arthurs, Tony McCarroll and Chris Hutton. However Arthurs decided that Gallaghers vocals were better than Hutton's so decided to replace him. In 1993 the band were signed to Creation Records which meant that they could start producing records and creating music to sell. In 1994 they created their first single Supersonic and in April of that year it reached 31 in the charts. Then in August 1994 they released their first album "Defiantly Maybe". This was their first taste of fame, it would be their first of many to come.

Journey to fame:
In October of 1995 they released their second album "(What's the story) Morning glory". This reached number 1 within the first week of it being released. They started doing tours and eventually they won 3 Brits in 1996 for; the best band, best album and best music video for their No1 song "Wonderwall". In 1997 Oasis released their third album "Be here now", followed by their fourth "Standing on the shoulder of the giants" in 2000. 

Leaving and Joining:
It began with Chris Hutton leaving the band in 1991 when it first started, then the bands drummer Tony McCarroll followed in 1995 who was replaced by Alan White. This was because McCarroll fell out with the Gallagher brothers during his time in the band, he then tried to sue the band for 20% of the royalties in 1999. Finally in august 1999 Arthurs (who's nickname was bonehead) and McGuilgan (whose nickname was Guigsy) left the band because they wanted to peruse their own carriers. 

"The beginning of the end":
The two brothers started a row in 2009, 18 years after the band started, because Liam had gifted Noel some clothes from his business. The business called "Pretty Green" was unlaunched at the time so Noel was the only one who had the clothes besides the other band members. The following day Noel took the clothes to the charity shop which were then put on a mannequin. This happened a day before the clothes were going to be launched. Noel has later said that "I've never forgiven him because he has never apologised". This show's how much the brothers have effected each other and how they have always been fighting. This fight marked the end of Oasis and also marked the end of the brothers friendship. 

Albums and hits:
Oasis have made and produced many albums these include:
1) Defiantly Maybe 1994
2) (What's the story) Morning glory 1995
3) Be here now 1997
4) Big brother 1997
5) Standing on the shoulder of giants 2000
6) Familiar 2001
7) Heathen chemistry 2002 
8) Don't believe in the truth 2005
9) Dig out your soul 2008
10) Big brother reprise 2008

So far Oasis have has 8 No1 in the charts from when they first started until now. These are;
1) Wonderwall, which have sold 1.34 million copies since when it was made in 1995. 
2) Don't look back in anger, which has sold 948,000 copies since 1996.
3) D'You know what I mean?, has sold 745,000 copies since 1997. 
4) Whatever, which has sold 553,000 copies from 1994 until now (2022).
5) Roll with it, which has sold 520,000 thousand copies since 1995.

Overall Oasis' combined sales total to £9.079 million and the amount of records and songs they have sold is 75 million. 
Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form collage and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Comments