Blog Archive

Hello...

About Me

Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form college and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Report Abuse

Popular Posts

Blogroll

About

o

BTemplates.com

Skip to main content

The Music Magazine and reflection


The Main Image:
This is my favourite thing I have made out of the whole magazine, this is because of the amount that is going on and how the colours stand out. My favourite thing about this is the black and white contrasting and matching with the red of the masthead. This is because it stands out and it makes the readers eyes immediately fall to the red and then focus on the black and white instead. Something I think I could have improved on is making this magazine more advertising and giving it more qualities that a magazine would have like page numbers and prizes on the main front cover. 










The Contents Page:
Even though the quality isn't very good, I do really like this page. My favourite thing about this page is the colour contrast between the black and white, and the coloured. I think that it is eye catching and I think that the white writing fits in with the theme of being mysterious because it symbolises purity. Something I think I could have improved on was taking photos from different angles of the band and including them to get more variation. This is because I have used the same angle so far on the magazine, so by changing it, it would help because it would add something different and make it even more interesting. 










The First Half Of The Double Spread:
 For all of the photos I used a proper camera so  the quality of the photos was better than it would have been on a normal phone quality camera. I chose to put text over the photos because it adds more detail and more focus onto the page. My favourite things about this picture is the way the white background contrasts with the darkness of suits, this is to make them look less innocent than the white background and more rebellious and sinister. Something I could have improved on for this picture is I could have added more to the white like more adverts to make it more dramatic and to show a lot more going on so the reader doesn't get bored. 







The Second Half Of The Double Spread:
I like this half more than the first half because there is more going on and there is more information. Something I like about it is that the white of the instruments and the black of the suits and the fact that the guitar looks like it has horns on it. This is because it implies that just because white means pure, doesn't mean that the thing is so innocent as it seems. Something I think I could have made better is spacing out the text so that it didn't seam so blocky or like there was too much text. This could have put the reader off because of how much information there is and the fact they don't know exactly what it was about. All these photos were taken on a professional camera which is an improvement from last time. 
Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form collage and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Comments