Blog Archive

Hello...

About Me

Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form college and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Report Abuse

Popular Posts

Blogroll

About

o

BTemplates.com

Skip to main content

An essay about Deutschland 83

Deutschland 83 essay:


In the Tv Deutschland 83 Western Germany is seem as being the "bad side of Germany". This is shown to the audience by a grey colour wash over the screen while Martin is in the western side of Germany. The colour Grey can be interpreted as depressive emotion and sign and can remind the audience of losses they have been through. This is probably more directed at the struggler because they give up easily and don't strive to achieve in life. Although this helps the Tv show to gain a bigger type of the same audience which can be a bad thing because it doesn't have a variety. However women are seen as empowering and are shown to be stronger than men. We can se this because Lenora (Martins aunt) helps blackmail Martin into joining them on becoming a spy. It is shown to the audience that she is a powerful famine character when she walks through the door and the atmosphere becomes more tense. She also smokes which is a typical masculine thing to do and it is also seen as unladylike. This can imply to the audience she is a main character who doesn't follow rules and it also foreshadows when she tells Walter that Martin can't play the piano. This is an example of her breaking the rules and doing something that could lead to danger.

The women from Eastern Germany are also seen as weak. This is shown by Yvonne who only is really there to sing and entertain the solders. She comments on how the beer is for men to drink and how they should be eating sausages. she then runs of in a mood after Martin disappears while she is singing. This tells the audience that unlike the women from the West, women from the East are only for male entertainment and just belong in the kitchen. This is an example of sexism and stereotyping females all into one group. The Tv show characters can also be homophobic as some points. This is shown because of a male named Alex. He is obviously gay and is stereotyped by reading girls magazines and they way he talks. This can be homophobic because he is clearly represented as weaker than Martin because of his sexuality. It categorises all gay people into one and can teach the audience what life was like in the 80s. This can create a wider range of audience because the Tv show is including people of all sexualities however there are very few people of colour. 
Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form collage and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Comments