Blog Archive

Hello...

About Me

Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form college and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Report Abuse

Popular Posts

Blogroll

About

o

BTemplates.com

Skip to main content

My inspiration






















I have chosen to make most of this mood board black and white to show that everything doesn't just
have to be about colour. Colour can be about attracting people and giving hidden meaning but when things are in black and white it gives more questions like, "what would this colour be" or "why is this
darker and what could it mean". People can guess what colours it can be and what things would have looked like from shading which is equally important. I have included pictures of different bands and individuals like, The Foo Fighters, Arctic monkeys, David Bowie and Brian Adams. This is to show that different artists who create music in the style of Indie Rock can have different fashion tastes and different styles all together. This can attract more people because it shows people how difference and change is good. This might make them want to buy it or make them curious about what songs will be on it.

I haven't just thought about what people will be attracted to and what type of artists people would like, this mood board also shows the style and makeup that I want to include in my music magazine. For example I have included a picture of David Bowie because of his makeup. His makeup looks and clothes style seems to be daring and different to other people which shows originality and thinking out of the box. I want to include some of his colours and designs into my magazine because although a lot of it would be black and white, it makes the magazine stand out and it makes it different compared to other magazines. I also have included types of outfits on the mood board like leather jackets and black shirts. This is because when I imagine indie rock bands I think of leather and black, which would contrast with bright makeup. I want to combine the two to make it stand out and different. This would attract different crowds because people would be drawn to the different styles and makeup. 

It is important that I have a range of people who want to read this magazine because I want everyone to feel included and involved no matter what their personality is. This is why I am going to include a range of different things that contrast with each other, however these things are going to be subtle so that it doesn't overpower the magazine. I also want to add subtle colours onto the magazine and subtle titles too just so it doesn't look to out of place to all the other indie rock bands. However I want there to be flashes of colour, almost like streaks of colour going through the image so that it is different and stands out. 
Hello, my name Is Lily Pringle. I am a Year 12 student at Thirsk School and Sixth form collage and I’m studying Media for my A-levels. My blogs will include my interests, the school magazine and any course work I think is important. I aim for my blogs to be educational but also a way of showing my opinion in what I like.

Comments